Jim Billington is an adjunct professor of Entrepreneurship at Bradley University, small business consultant, and a Board member to a variety of entities. He is also a frequent guest lecturer at universities.
Mr. Billington has significant experience and a successful track record of building, acquiring, operating and selling companies. During his career he has raised approximately $100 million in permanent capital for small businesses, and successfully completed more than 20 business mergers, acquisition and sales.
Highlights from his career include co-founding both InFormDX and American Esoteric Laboratories. These successful startup companies were grown to $30 million and $100 million in annualized revenue prior to being sold.
- Central Illinois Angels, Peoria, IL (5/16 to present)
- Illinois Wesleyan Parent Advisory Board, Bloomington, IL (10/15 to present)
- Bradley University, Foster College of Business, National Council of Advisors, Peoria, IL (5/13 to present)
- Southlake Carroll Independent School District, District Advisory Committee, Southlake, TX (2/11 to 6/13)
- Southlake Baseball Association, Southlake, TX (3/07 to 12/11)
- American Esoteric Laboratories, Dallas, TX (6/03 to 2/07)
- Westlake Academy Foundation, Westlake, TX (5/04 to 4/06)
- AmeriPath (Ex Officio), Riviera Beach, FL (12/00 to 5/03)
- InformDX (Ex Officio), Nashville, TN (05/97 to 12/00)
- Bradley University
- Texas Christian University
- Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization – National Conference
- Wachovia Securities
- Johns Hopkins University
- The Dark Report – Annual Conference